Indigestion is often a sign of problems such as gastro esophageal reflux disease, ulcers, or gallbladder disease, it is also called dyspepsia, indigestion is a term used to describe a feeling of fullness or discomfort during or after a meal. It can be accompanied by burning or pain in the upper stomach.
Symptoms of Indigestion
- Bloating (full feeling)
- Belching and gas
- Nausea and vomiting
- Acidic taste
- Growling stomach (a gnawing sensation in the stomach )
- Burning in the stomach or upper abdomen
- Abdominal pain
- heartburn (a burning sensation deep in the chest) heartburn is caused by stomach acids rising into the esophagus.
Causes of Indigestion
- Stomach cancer (rare)
- Gastroparesis (a condition where the stomach doesn't empty properly; this often occurs in diabetics)
- Stomach infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Thyroid disease
- Medications: prolong use of synthetic medicines and steroids.
- Lifestyle: Eating too much, eating too fast, eating high-fat foods, or eating during stressful situations, Drinking too much alcohol too much of Cigarette smoking, Stress and fatigue, eating spicy or fatty foods, lying down too soon after eating
- Swallowing excessive air when eating may increase the symptoms of belching and bloating, which are often associated with indigestion.
- Gallstones :Gallstones are hard deposits in the gallbladder that can eventually block the exiting bile ducts. Abdominal pain, fever, itchy skin, and jaundice are possible symptoms
- Gall Bladder Inflammation:
- Liver Cirrhosis: Cirrhosis is severe scarring and poor function of the liver caused by long-term exposure to toxins such as alcohol or viral infections. Certain medications and disorder can also cause cirrhosis.
- Acute Pancreatitis: Acute pancreatitis is an inflammation in the pancreas, which causes pain and swelling in the upper left side of the abdomen, nausea, and burping.
Our treatment system involves with proper diagnosis, in which we mainly provide herbal medicine to control infection in the digestive system.
Then following this, liver and pancreas rejuvenation and regulation therapy will be given to get an optimized digestion by increasing digestive enzymes throughout the life, additionally this therapy will not induce any obesity, and also gives you additional benefits such as curing of internal fear, peak hour head ache and nervousness.
Herbal Medicine groups: liver Enhancer, Liver vitalizer, Detoxifier.
Tips to avoid indigestion.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day.
- Avoid spicy, fatty foods that can trigger heartburn.
- Eat more slowly and don’t eat before lying down.
- Stop smoking and alcohol
- Lose excess body weight.
- Reduce the amount of coffee, soft drinks, and alcohol you consume.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Reduce stress through yoga or relaxation therapy.